Today, many people choose to prepare tax returns on their own or hire one of many unlicensed and/or unregistered tax preparers. If you are thinking of hiring a professional tax preparer, consider why a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is the better choice:
- CPAs must pass an intense uniform exam.
- CPAs must take continuing education (40 hours per year in New York State.)
- CPAs must have experience to become licensed.
- CPAs must have a college degree (150 credits as of 2009 in New York State.)
- CPAs must follow a strict code of ethics.
- CPAs must sign a tax return they are paid to prepare.
- CPAs can represent you in an audit.
- CPAs provide consistency and stability.
- CPA offices are open all year round.
- CPAs provide tax planning.
- CPAs have been rated the most trusted business professional in national studies.
- And much, much more!
Meet our team of qualified professionals.