NYS Interest Assessment Surcharge

NYS Department of Labor to Charge Employers an Interest Assessment Surcharge  Due to the global COVID-19 Pandemic, the Unemployment Insurance Trust Fund ran out of funds to pay claims filed by unemployed workers.  As a result of

Is My RV or Boat Tax Deductible?

I just returned from a family road trip, during which we saw countless trailers, RV’s and boats which gave me the idea for this blog.  Can you deduct expenses for your trailer, RV or boat? If you own a

What Causes an IRS Audit?

There are many reasons that the IRS initiates an audit.  See our list below for a few of the most common to avoid to keep from running afoul of the IRS.  Of course, keep accurate records and receipts to

More Money for Child Care in 2021

The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 made some changes to the Child and Dependent Care Credit.  This will mean more credits for many working families. It increased the cap on eligible dependent care expenses to $8,000 for one

What To Know When Donating Stock It is common for people to make charitable donations in the form of cash, check or credit card, but have you considered donating stocks?  There are a few rules to be aware of