WHERE TO FILE:
- Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 7:30 pm.
Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Saturday, 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
The Department of Labor is encouraging everyone to file online due enormous volume and long hold times.
Step by Step Instructions: https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/Unemployment-Filing-Instructions.pdf
WHEN TO FILE:
The day you should file is based on the first letter of your last name.
Missed your filing day? You can file your claim on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Filing later in the week will not delay or affect your payments.
WHAT YOU NEED TO FILE:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver license or Motor Vehicle ID card number (if you have either one)
- Your complete mailing address and zip code
- A phone number where we can reach you from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday –Friday
- Your Alien Registration card number (if you are not a U.S. Citizen and have a card)
- Names and addresses of all your employers for the last 18 months, including those in other states
- Employer Registration number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) of your most recent employer (FEIN is on your W-2 forms)
- Your copies of forms SF8 and SF50, if you were a federal employee
- Your most recent separation form (DD 214), for military service
You can file a claim without all of these documents. However, missing information can delay your first payment.
If you cannot print web pages, have a pen and paper to copy information.
If you choose direct deposit of your weekly benefits, you need a check that has your bank routing and checking account numbers.